Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Tante Louise's Pumpkin Bread

In keeping with the fall season, here's something pumpkin-y for you. This is another one of my Tante Louise's yummy recipes. It really is good and I would recommend you make a couple of batches, when it's pumpkin season, and freeze some loaves for Christmastime. :) It's yummy enough to make anytime, really, as canned pumpkin is usually available at the grocery store year round. Enjoy! 




Pumpkin Bread
Makes 2 - 3 loaves


2 cups canned or cooked pumpkin
4 eggs
3 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon (I use 1 tbsp pumpkin pie spice)
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cups water
3 cups sugar (I only use 2)
2 and 1/2 teaspoons baking soda

Preheat oven to 350 F.

Mix ingredients in order given*. Pour into 2 well-greased 9 x 5 or 3 of the 8 x 4 loaf pans. Bake at 350 F for 40-50 minutes or until a toothpick, inserted in the centre of the loaf, comes out clean. Larger loaves will take longer. 

*I usually mix my wet and dry ingredients separately and mix the dry into the wet until just combined. 

No comments:

Post a Comment