Pages

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Tante Louise's Pumpkin Cookies

This is a recipe that is requested a lot. My Tante Louise gave me this recipe back in the early 1990s and I have made plenty of batches since and shared the recipe with family and friends. They're different from other pumpkin cookies because they contain chocolate chips. Yum! I like to use the mini chocolate chips as they go further. I seriously don't think you can eat just one. Enjoy!

PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES


1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 and 1/2 cups sugar
1 egg
1 cup cooked or canned pureed pumpkin
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 and 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup chocolate chips (more or less, as desired)


Preheat oven to 350 F. 

Cream butter and sugar.  Beat in egg, pumpkin and vanilla.  Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.  Add to butter mixture.  Mix well.  Add chocolate chips.  





Drop by tablespoonfuls, on a greased cookie sheet.


Bake at 350 degrees F for about 15 minutes, until just turning golden brown.  Remove from cookie sheet and cool on a rack until you can't wait any longer to dig into them. Makes about 3 - 4 dozen cookies (depending on how big you like them). 

4 comments:

  1. YUMMY! I guess I'm going to have to get with the season and make some of these this weekend. Mom does have some seriously good dessert recipes

    - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always being asked for this recipe and they are so good. Like my Mom, your Mom is always a great cook and baker. I have a lot of her recipes, and most are in your handwriting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Mom has soooo many yummy recipes. My Mom's tried and true recipes came mostly from cookbooks that we have, so I can't publish those. I will share handed down recipes, though. :)

    ReplyDelete